Our Physical Activity Advisor Alexis, advocates for the link between physical activity and the improvement of people’s health and wellbeing.
Alexis’s role is to promote and support people towards a healthy lifestyle, improved behaviour and physical activity levels.
This is done through:
- Raising awareness of the benefits of being physically active, not only for physical health but also mental health and wellbeing.
- Empowering and motivating people to modify their lifestyle, encouraging people to go from nothing to something, and something to a bit more!
- Helping to identify barriers (no kit, knowledge of opportunities, low mood, motivation, cost, time) to being physically active, ways to overcome them, and help people of all ages and abilities to become more active in a way that best suits their lifestyle.
- Supporting individuals to set achievable and realistic goals to get them moving more.
- Being a friend and supporting people into physical activity opportunities and sessions in the community
- Advising people of where to find physical activity opportunities in their area.
- Supporting with resources through a new Kit Exchange scheme, to help provide clothes, kit or equipment to try new activities and become more active.
If you would like to chat to Alexis about how she can support you or someone you know on their journey to moving more and improving their health and wellbeing, email email@example.com or call 07811024936
For professionals wanting to refer into the service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org