In partnership with CVS, Burnley Together are bringing Read Easy to the local area. Read Easy provides free, confidential, one to one reading coaching from trained volunteers for anyone who struggles with reading. More than 7% of adults in England never learnt to read at school, totaling around 2.4 million people.
Join our Team
Read Easy is active in Burnley and are looking for volunteers to get involved in the local management. We are looking for volunteers who:
- Are passionate about making a difference in their community.
- Would like to use their skills to help run the group and gain new skills along the way.
- Have a couple of hours a week to spend supporting a great cause!
Becoming a Reading Coach
New readers meet with their volunteer Reading Coaches for half an hour, twice a week, at approved local venues. Typically, people take between one or two years to complete the course. Together they work at their own pace through a phonics-based reading programme.
No special qualifications are needed to become a reading coach, training is provided and you will be supported throughout your coaching journey.
What’s in it for you?
However you get involved, volunteering for Read Easy can be a really rewarding and enjoyable experience. It will give you the chance to:
- Transform the lives of individuals in your community.
- Use skills you have gained to benefit others.
- Gain transferable skills to take into future employment or volunteering.
- Become part of a community of like-minded people who can work together to change lives.
You can also come see us and get involved at an information session on Tuesday 5th July 2022 at Valley Street, Burnley, BB11 5LZ at 2pm or 5:30pm.
For more information about the work of Read Easy UK, please visit: readeasy.org.uk